Saturday, September 20, 2008

Genesis -- Why this blog?

You may be wondering why I need a separate blog to journal my thoughts about works I've recently seen or read. Hmm...I'm not sure either.


Just Because.


Sometimes I find myself thinking way too much about a film or story that has impacted me in ways I'm not really able to identify. This blog will serve as an outlet to help me organize my thoughts and get them out of my system. And, it will also serve as an invitation to any of you readers out there who may have comments on the same work, or comments on my comments.

Actually, Angie pointed out that it might be even more fun to open up this blog to anyone who wants to post their musings about recently-experienced works. What a fantastic idea! If you want to be included as an author, post a comment to that effect, or email me and I will let you in. Feel free to review anything; fiction, non-fiction, films, events, recipes...you name it.

Before I go any further I have to acknowledge my awareness that this is not an original idea. To view my inspiration, click on Rachel's Like/Don't Like Blog. (You can also find a link to her on the sidebar anytime.) No doubt you will find her reviews very entertaining and insightful. Plus, she reads a lot more than I do.

Looking forward to your musings,

~Emily



1 comment:

rachelsaysso said...

Awesome! You will totally love writing about stuff and you will find yourself thinking, "Can I review these shoes? How about this shampoo?" Or maybe that's just me. I seem to have an opinion on EVERYTHING.